Wednesday, September 9, 2009

In the Light














Chosen Generation~~~
So - I have a nice long post I'm working on (I really truly am), because I got a wonderful idea while photographing my sister's dead roses. Morbid? Not really. But you may feel so after you've read it... which would be after I write it. Anyways...
I wanted to share the following, because I think it's pretty much amazing - and if you could tell, I didn't write it.:)
Thanks Maresa for letting me use it.



city lights ignite some fire at night, and i feel alive. the clock reads 10:44 and i realize that it's only an hour and sixteen minutes away.
that we'll have made it.and there are lots of things to say, but none of them really sum it up.
and all i can feel is grace, and love, and hope, and i swear its almost tangible.
one minute at a time, one hour at a time, one day at a time.
and we are still here and our breaths still come out clear and my heart is still beating, strong and fast.
and tonight that is enough.
it's enough to just breathe. it's enough to just live. to be. to feel overwhelmed with love and joy andhope and change and growth. and pride.
and fear. a big amount of fear.but tonight, and tomorrow, i can let that go. i can breathe.
we can breathe. breathe grace, healing, love, redemption, freedom, laughter, inspiration, hope, change, and feeling.
tonight i am reminded that we were made for more. that it is okay to mourn, but it is also okay to dance. and tomorrow it will be okay to laugh and live and recount and rejoice together.
tomorrow, like we have for the past several months, we trade pain for healing, secrets for truth, and death for life.
and there's a big part of me that believes that as we party here on earth, Jesus and all of His angels are celebrating up in heaven, too. and it is the best feeling.
so. thank you. for reminding me that i never walk alone. for being there. for rescuing me, for being the physical hands of Christ in my life.
the city lights are bright tonight, and i'm reminded that life, too, can be bright. in the little things that provide solitary moments of joy. in the smaller bits that make up the big picture. in grace, in love, in redemption. i believe it tonight.
i hope you believe it too.


Well, I have
a lot of Chem to go do, for which I'm seven minutes late.:)
~IiN~
-Be a World-Changer-

No comments: